Pairing wine with food is an art form, but it’s also a science. The acidity of the wine and the bite of the food can create a beautiful balance or send your taste buds into chaos. We’ve rounded up some tips to help you find harmony in your next mealtime pairing!
1) A light-bodied white will pair well with milder foods like salads or sushi because these wines won’t compete with the flavors on your plate.
2) A medium-bodied rose paired with spicy food will be more complementary than one that is lighter bodied because both have enough acidity to cut through spices without being overpowered by them.
3) Pairing rich dishes like lasagna, spaghetti Bolognese.
4) A nice light red wine goes well with spicy dishes like Thai or Indian curries, also it pairs nicely with chicken dishes in general.
5) Pinot noir’s earthy flavor makes it go great with mushrooms in pasta sauce or on a pizza, but this doesn’t work for everyone so be careful what you choose to eat when drinking this type of wine because there are some people who might find the combination too strong.